It is the belief of the KinderU Suzuki Music Academy that all children have the ability to learn and appreciate music, and that the experience of enjoying it will develop their characters and enrich their lives and the lives of those around them.
The foremost goal of the KinderU Suzuki Music Academy is to enrich the community by:
- Instilling in all children a love and enjoyment of music and its creation;
- Fostering deeper relationships between parents and their children through mutual learning and practice;
- Providing a nurturing environment for children and parents to learn and grow at their own pace;
- Developing within students the skills necessary to be leaders in their schools, respectful in society, disciplined in work, and confident in life;
- Promoting the ability for children to communicate with all cultures through the universal language of music.
Perhaps it is Music which will save the world.
KinderU Suzuki Music Academy puts a large focus on community service and fundraising. Each year our students visit elderly homes to share their music with the Grandmas and Grandpas living there, as well as participating in a variety of charity concerts and festivals throughout Hong Kong.
Each year the students also participate in school-wide fundraising events in order to promote awareness of the world around them, and how they can use their musical abilities to bring joy, comfort and even relief to their brothers and sisters worldwide.
Past fundraising projects include annual performances at the Oxfam Musical Marathon; a “playathon” in for earthquake relief in Colombia and Japan, held in collaboration with our other Hong Kong area Suzuki friends; a practice-a-thon for tsunami relief in Japan; performances at the Carol Singing Festival.
In 2017, KSMA inaugurated its MusiCares Student Outreach team. The team is open to all secondary students, regardless of instrument and playing level. Student-led, the group participates in both musical and non-musical activities to benefit organisations across a broad spectrum of areas. 2017-2018 areas of outreach include animals, the homeless, and orphans, and collaborations with groups such as Box of Hope and ImpactHK.